Mens Aktiv Down Gilet (Rust/Charcoal)
UK delivery dd/mm - dd/mm
Christmas delivery info
An incredibly versatile insulated layer, providing core warmth with minimal weight. It's constructed with a lofty 700 fill power down, yet remains lightweight and packable. The Aktiv Gilet is designed to accompany you on active alpine pursuits by packing down into it's own pocket and with a Nylon ripstop outer it's the perfect partner to accompany you BEYOND BOUNDARIES.
Ask a question
- 700FP ethically produced Goose Down
- Premium 90/10 Down/Feather ratio
- RDS Certified
- Nylon ripstop outer fabric with DWR (Durable Water Repellent) & down proofing finish
- Mini-stitch through baffle construction
- Down-filled stand collar
- Front zip & internal insulated zip baffle with soft Tricot chin guard
- Zipped hand pockets - one doubles as a stuff sack
- Corded zipper pulls are easy to grab, even whilst wearing gloves
- Stretch elastic bound armholes & hem for a flexible fit
- Reflective logo
- Hanging loop
- Garment weight approx. 220gm (size M)
- Down weight in garment - 71gm (size S), 75gm (size M), 80gm (size L), 85gm (size XL), 90gm (size XXL)
Please note: Down is exceptionally fine and can work itself through small openings, especially if the feathers become compressed. To keep your garment looking neat do not pull feathers through (this will make holes bigger), but tease them back in and rub the fabric to help seal the hole. For more information on caring for your down garment please see the Care section on the Fjern website.
Mens Jackets & Tops
Regular / Athletic Fit
The above chart indicates body measurements, not garment
Calculate your own body measurements, then select the appropriate product size.
If your body measurements are between sizes, go down to the smaller size for a tighter fit, or up to the larger size for a more relaxed fit.
|Size||Chest (cm)||Hem (cm)||Length (cm)|
- Free shipping for UK orders over £50.
- Free shipping for International orders over £100.
- We aim to get UK orders to you within 2-5 working days. Delivery lead times for international orders vary.
- For more information click here.
- If you're not completely happy with your purchase, you can return an item within 100 days of receiving your order.
- Items should be returned in the same condition in which you receive them: the original product packaging and tags must still be attached, and the products must be in an unused condition.
- Please see full return instructions here.
Interested in Hiking, Climbing & Mountaineering?
There's more to see! Check out our specialist blog posts for more.
The Mountaineering Guide
With our combined 150 years in the great outdoors, we’ve learned a few things along the way...
The Climbing Guide
As climbers ourselves, we know the importance of having the right kit to take on the project you’ve been training 6 months for, or to manage a tricky approach in questionable conditions...
The Hiking Guide
Getting out there and pushing beyond your comfort zones is why Fjern was created...
I purchased this item just shy of 12 months ago and have just started wearing it. At the time I also purchased the Arktis lI jacket in black. This I wore straight away and have been really impressed with the quality but more so the stated warmth this jacket generates . This brings me onto the Aktiv down gillet which I have been really unimpressed with the warmth this generates or lack of? This item replaced a Berghaus with a FP rating of 650 as opposed to this item being 700 but I have been left really disappointed with how this doesn't keep me anywhere near as warm as the older item? As the jacket is so warm could this be a faulty item or not as stated. I really like your clothing brand I get compliments and comments all the time. I have sent an email to the support centre but have had no reply whatsoever?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, Michael.
Thanks for sharing your experience with the Aktiv Gillet and your positive feedback on our Arktis II jacket. We're sorry to hear about the disappointment with the warmth of the gilet.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the lack of response to your initial email. Unfortunately, it seems we may not have received it. Please kindly reply to this notification, or submit a ticket through our contact form on our website, and we'll investigate this matter and advise further.
The Fjern Team
I’m normally a medium but this was too baggy round the waist. I wanted a snug fit to look sharp and also keep the warmth in. Really impressed with the gilet, looks great in rust colour, very happy and it’s packs down really really small!
Mens Aktiv Down Gilet (Rust/Charcoal)
Looks very smart and although it appears thin it really does keep you snug.
Have been looking for this exact colour Gilet for my husband for ages, great quality great look.
On UK orders over £50 & International orders over £100
100 Day Returns
Simple and easy
Expert Customer Service
Quality product advice